A waterproof, matte, full coverage, long wearing foundation is like mystical beauty unicorn; does it even really exist??
Urban Decay’s new All Nighter Foundation claims to be everybody’s dream foundation. Retailing for $40.00, it is going to cost you a pretty penny. But if it is all that it claims, beauty junkies will be shelling out the cash to get a hold of this gem.
Urban Decay’s Description:
All Nighter Liquid Foundation by Urban Decay provides full coverage with a modern matte finish that never looks overdone. Get all-night wear and a blown-out effect you never thought was possible for a flawless-looking complexion that looks amazing and stays that way. Perfect for all-night affairs and other scandalous activities, this revolutionary formula is also comfortable enough to wear every day.
While Naked Skin complexion products are demi-matte, All Nighter Liquid Foundation is completely matte – but never flat (and it’s oil-free!). Urban Decay loaded this formula with an insane amount of pigment (about three times as much as Naked Skin Liquid Makeup), so a little goes a long way. There’s no need to build coverage or apply multiple layers. This waterproof, paraben-free formula diffuses light to blur flaws for beautifully perfected skin as it mattifies and absorbs oil to reduce the appearance of shine.
With a wide range of meticulously calibrated shades that match UD’s existing Naked Skin Liquid Makeup shades, it’s easy to find your perfect match.
All Nighter Liquid Foundation comes in a sleek, edgy bottle that has a luxurious, highly metallized gunmetal effect with asymmetric cutouts. As cool as it looks, it’s also practical; the shade is clearly visible, but the bottle never looks messy. It’s also equipped with an airless pump – so it’s easy to get out every last bit of product.
Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water/Eau), Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Lauryl Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopherol. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides).
That’s quite a claim!!! Today I have been testing it out and this is what I think! ( For reference, I have medium light skin with a warm undertone so I have shade 5.0. I also have normal skin prone to hormonal breakouts 🙂 )
- Super cool packaging! I mean if the product works it could come in a bag and I would buy it. But still, Urban Decay knows how to do packaging!
- DEFINITELY FULL COVERAGE. No need to build up the foundation here, 1.5 pumps gave me flawless skin.I think my favorite way to use this is to mix it with a bit of beauty oil to make it more blendable and then apply it with a sponge.
- Apply with the BeautyBlender. This foundation dries quickly and the moisture from the sponge gives you more leniency with blending. I tried one half with the sponge and the other with my Elf Ultimate Blending Brush and preferred the effect with the BeautyBlender.
- No need to set! If you have normal skin like me to dry skin there is absolutely no reason to go over it with powder. It dies completely matte and to a powder finish. I also had zero problems applying blush and bronzer over it, even with no powder. If you have dry skin, make sure to really prep your skin because this powdery finish isn’t going to look cute on dry patches!
- For how full coverage it is, it doesn’t look completely fake. It reminds me of the Too Faced Born This Way in texture and coverage, but with a completely matte finish.
- The wear time is phenomenal! It has been hot and humid where I live and I also tried going to the gym with it on just to see how it held up, And it literally looked the same after sweating like crazy! Oily skinned girls are totally going to be into this foundation!
Here is it on my face, I used the Anastasia Modern Renaissance on the eyes 🙂
Check out my youtube video on it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjuPQj1djU0
Are you going to try out this foundation? Let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to subscribe 🙂